Radishes mean spring. So when I say keto potato salad, what I really mean is potato salad-inspired radish salad. Dill, mayo, eggs, bacon. Radish. Think of it as the new cauliflower potato salad.
Looking for more keto salads to bring to a picnic? Check out my keto coleslaw or keto chicken salad.
Side Dish or Supper for One
I love this for any backyard bring-a-side event. It complements just about everything and 9 times out of 10, no one realizes it’s radishes and not potatoes. Friends are shocked when I say, this is a potato-less salad.
Cauliflower florets do a lot of heavy lifting when it comes to low carb swaps. But I’m here to tell you.
The radish is capable of incredible texture. Plus all the flavors of the dressing pack a nostalgic potato salad punch. It’s a gr eat backyard party trick. I love bringing this salad to share, I love serving it at home. Heck, I eat it straight from the bowl! Enjoy – Linds x
A Few Ingredients Notes
Grab these ingredients to whip up this faux-tato salad recipe:
- Radishes: gr eat sub for potatoes – I even roast them to make keto potatoes, but that’s a story for another day. They do have a bit of licorice flavor to them, which is well masked by the mayo-based dressing.
- Eggs: Honestly? I cheat and purchased pre-hard-boiled eggs. If you go this route, be sure to read ingredient labels carefully to ensure eggs are the only one (preservatives will add a funky taste).
- Celery: gives this keto potatoes salad some necessary crunch.
- Dill: Fresh is the best, but dried can work in a pinch.
- Regular Mayonnaise: My favorite brand is Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil-based mayo. For a lighter alternative, substitute keto Greek yogurt in its place. You can also try a bit of sour cream if that’s what you prefer.
What (else) can I have instead of potatoes on keto?
Keto potato salad with radishes doesn’t sound like your thing? Feel free to use diced steamed turnips, cauliflower, broccoli, or even roasted jicama. The truth is, mock potato salad is more about the mix-ins and dressing than the veggie base!
What else can I mix into this faux potato salad?
Anything you use in a traditional potato salad recipe can be used here as well! Consider upgrading your keto potato salad with bacon by adding:
- Pickles (and/or its juice) – Dill pickles are lower in carbs than sweet pickles
- Red onion or green onion
- Shredded cheese
- Salami/pepperoni (for a touch of protein)
- Spices such as paprika, garlic powder, etc.
How to Make Keto Potato Salad
Steam radishes until fork tender. You can also bake these in a single layer on a baking sheet in the oven if you prefer.
Dry as well as possible.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Pour dressing on top and toss.
Pop this keto potato salad in the fridge — it’ll taste even better the next day once all the flavors have a chance to come together.
More Keto Salad Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Big Mac Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
- Keto Taco Salad
Keto Potato Salad
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Servings : 8 Servings
Prep Time 30 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- ▢ 2 Lbs Radishes raw
- ▢ 8 Slices Bacon cooked + crumbled
- ▢ 4 Eggs hard boiled + diced
- ▢ 5 Scallions chopped
- ▢ 1/2 Cup Celery diced
- ▢ 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill chopped
- ▢ 2/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- ▢ 2 Tablespoon Mustard
- ▢ 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ▢ 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Radishes. Add raw radishes (2 lbs) to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until a fork inserted into the center feels tender. Once cooked, drain them and remove as much liquid as possible.
Dressing. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise (2/3 cup), mustard (2 tablespoons), fresh dill (2 tablespoons), salt (1 teaspoon), and black pepper (1/2 teaspoon).
Combine. Add dry radishes, bacon (8 slices), eggs (4), celery (1/2 cup), and scallions (5) to a large bowl. Pour dressing over the salad ingredients, and toss until everything is thoroughly coated.
Chill. Place salad in the fridge, allowing the ingredients to marry until you're ready to serve. (Best if chilled overnight, but a few hours will do). Enjoy!
Rate this Recipe
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Calories: 274 kcal Total Carbohydrates: 5 g Protein: 7 g Fat: 25 g Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 3 g Net Carbs: 3 g
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited.
Are you trying to find a Custom Keto Plan? You can produce a custom-made keto diet regimen plan customketo. The terrific thing about this plan is that it offers you everything you need to start shedding fat promptly. You will certainly be in ketosis within 48-72 hours, after that you'll be burning fat full time from that explain. As well as the food preferences impressive! Each dish was flawlessly intended by a keto nutritionist as well as a world-class chef. Yet almost every meal can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.